Large oil and gas exploration and production company seeking a Production Supervisor.
This position is responsible for supervision on all aspects of production operations and service personnel on board company operated Floating Production Facility in Gulf of Mexico. Designated “Person in Charge” of safety, health, environment, regulatory compliance, maintenance, production, equipment and reporting.
- Supervises Production operations personnel, technicians and contractors.
- Responsible for operations, including but not limited to personnel, safety, environmental and regulatory compliance, and record keeping required by company, USCG, ABS, BSEE and EPA
- Communicates daily operations results and planning needs effectively to Production Manager and Engineering Teams.
- Responsible for Production facility activities such as, operations, monitoring, maintenance, and repairing of all facilities and quarters on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts inventory, material storage, record keeping, and manifesting.
- Ensures all safety procedures are established and implemented at the worksite.
- Ensures compliance with company HSE goals.
- Responsible for crew participation in all safety training and assisting in safety procedures such as basic First Aid, CPR, Fire and Abandon and Marine Emergency Drills.
- Ensures all personnel are competent in performing daily functions to ensure safe practices which are compliant with governmental agencies.
- Act as Person in Charge during Simultaneous Operations according to SimOps Plans.
- Ensure that all operations are executed in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with Regulatory Laws and company’s management system and in compliance with the production targets.
- Maintain full compliance with Corporate Policy and Governing agencies.
- Manage downtime and maintenance cost.
- Co-ordinate activities relating to Hydrocarbon processing, water injection and utility systems in accordance with company procedures.
- Liaison / communication with onshore Production Management on daily basis.
- As Permit to Work Controller, ensure the effective administration of the company’s Permit to Work System.
- Troubleshooting as required and recovering from production outages as they occur (providing 24 hour call out assistance as required)
- Closely monitor results of analysis ensuring optimal chemical usage and compliance with environmental policy
- Direct and control platform operations on start-up, or in the event of process upset, to minimize the loss of production
- Facilitate the execution of all platform maintenance work by maintaining close contact with Discipline Supervisors
- Ensure that all platform processes and equipment are functioning efficiently, with any failure of safety critical elements to meet performance standards being reported immediately to the Production Management.
- Consult with the Production Management and advise him on a regular basis on all matters concerning plant, process, equipment and personnel
- Consult with onshore Operations Engineers on any operational concerns
- Provide full logs and reports on handover and information on a shift-by-shift back to back basis to ensure the best flow of information.
- Manage and control the activities of the Production Teams in an effective, efficient and safe manner
- Provide positive leadership encouraging teams and team members to be a part of, and contribute to, the objectives of the organization
- Complete Performance Reviews and act as competence assessor as necessary for Safety, Health and Environment
- Act as on site oil spill source control coordinator.
- Attend planning and Hazard review meetings
- By example, actions and initiatives, demonstrate and promote the commitment to a safe and environmentally responsible approach to its business activities
- Liaison with HSE Inspectors as required
Candidate Profile - Education, Experience, Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- GED or High School Diploma and 10 years of related experience.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Water survival and Fire Fighting, T-2, First Aid, CPR, Hazwoper, Crane Operations
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Moderate computer skills and familiar with MS Word and Excel and Outlook.
- Thorough understanding of offshore production and utility systems and appropriate project management experience.
- Ability to share knowledge and skills when required and support and motivate others to achieve team goals.
- Operational direction to onshore and offshore management
- Coast Guard Certifications of Offshore Installation Manager, Barge Supervisor are not required but preferred.
- Management of day-to-day issues and troubleshooting when required
- Supervisory skills to include leadership and direction, delegation, coaching and mentoring and performance evaluation.
- Project Management, planning and scheduling.
- Safety, Health and Environmental Management and Systems.
- Performance Management, audit and investigation.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to find overall solutions to chronic problems associated with platform operations.
- Experience from installations or maintenance operations is an advantage.
- Commercial and financial awareness.
Preferred Education Experience, Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- USCG certified, Offshore Installation Manager, Barge Supervisor, Stability and Ballast Control for SPARS
- Comprehensive USCG approved training on Water survival and Fire Fighting
- Certified, T-2, First Aid, CPR, Hazwoper, Confined Space Entry, Crane Operations,
- Proficient in Computers, and Multi Media Communication Skills
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Contract